Grilled Veggie Tortillas Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Brush the zucchini, summer squash and red pepper with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt. Grill vegetables over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut into 1/2-in. cubes and place in a small bowl; stir in tomato.
- 2. Combine the mayonnaise, pesto, basil and oregano; set aside. Brush both sides of tortillas with remaining oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until puffed.
- 3. Remove from the grill. Spread grilled sides with sauce; top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 tortilla equals 390 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 785 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.