Grilled Turkey Kabobs Recipe
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-1/2 cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small green peppers, cut into 1-1/2 squares
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chili sauce, lemon juice, sugar and bay leaves. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Discard bay leaves from reserved marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread turkey and vegetables. Brush lightly with oil.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 9-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings, 2 kabobs each.
2 each: 254 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Grilled Turkey Kabobs
"Great recipe for summer grilling."