Grilled Pork Loin Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Apple and orange wedges, fresh sage and rose geranium leaves, optional
- 1. Sprinkle roast with pepper. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and spices. Stir in the pineapple juice, sweet-and-sour sauce, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the roast. Garnish the platter with apple and orange wedges, sage and rose geranium leaves if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Pork Loin Roast
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.