- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Apple and orange wedges, fresh sage and rose geranium leaves, optional
- Sprinkle roast with pepper. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and spices. Stir in the pineapple juice, sweet-and-sour sauce, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the roast. Garnish the platter with apple and orange wedges, sage and rose geranium leaves if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Pork Loin Roast
"We substituted french dressing for sweet and sour sauce simply because we didn't have any. It turned out great and our whole family enjoyed it."
"Absolutely delicious and so easy. Kept me out of the kitchen and looked great served to guests. And the leftovers were really good too stir-fried with some rice."