Grilled Hash Browns
"Since my husband and I love to grill meats, we're always looking for easy side dishes that cook on the grill, too," explains Kelly Chastain of Bedford, Indiana. "So I came up with this simple recipe for hash browns. There are never any leftovers."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- Dash seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place potatoes on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 18 in.)
- coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with onion, bouillon, seasoned
- salt and pepper; drizzle with butter.
- Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over
- indirect medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender,
- turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 89 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.