Since my husband and I love to grill meats, we're always looking for easy side dishes that cook on the grill, too. So I came up with this simple recipe for hash browns. There are never any leftovers. —Kelly Chastain, Bedford, Indiana
Featured In: How to Cook in Foil Packets
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- Dash seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place potatoes on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 18 in.) coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with onion, bouillon, seasoned salt and pepper; drizzle with butter.
- Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Hash Browns in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p51
Reviews forGrilled Hash Browns
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 17, 2015
"pmhenderson. turn off 1 set of the burners and move it over."
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2009
"How do you cook on indirect heat on a gas grill?? pmhendrson"