Grilled Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow or sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 carrots, cut into julienned strips
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill flank steak, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute vegetables in reserved marinade until crisp-tender. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving equals 265 calories, 12 g fat (0 saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Flank Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.