My sister, Kathy, and I often exchange recipes - I give her my desserts, and she gives me her entrees. This recipe is from her, and it's become a favorite of mine for serving to company. The meat and vegetables can be prepared ahead of time...when the company arrives, I just fire up the grill!
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow or sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 carrots, cut into julienned strips
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill flank steak, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute vegetables in reserved marinade until crisp-tender. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Flank Steak in Country Extra July 1992, p49
Reviews forGrilled Flank Steak
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2009
"I have made this on several occasions and it is DELICIOUS!"