Grilled Bacon-Tomato Sandwiches
My family loves these sandwiches and they are very easy to prepare. Fresh basil, tangy Italian dressing and melted cheese meld perfectly together in this simple sandwich. —Betty Snoddy, Franklin, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Top two slices of bread with a slice of cheese; layer with tomato,
- bacon, basil and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Brush
- dressing over outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes
- on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and fat-free dressing) equals 360 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,194 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.