Grilled Bacon-Tomato Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1. Top two slices of bread with a slice of cheese; layer with tomato, bacon, basil and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Brush dressing over outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and fat-free dressing) equals 360 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,194 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.