- 4 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- Top two slices of bread with a slice of cheese; layer with tomato, bacon, basil and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Brush dressing over outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Bacon-Tomato Sandwiches
"Simple sandwiches that taste amazing! I will never make regular grilled cheese ever again. This will be my go-to recipe from now on for a grilled cheese sandwich."
"Made these tonight and my husband and I loved them. I did use ciabatta rolls and next time will try a sliced loaf, since the rolls' outer crust got a bit hard in the toasting."
"Really great sandwich! I didn't use the Italian dressing but used a little butter with garlic powder."
"I used fresh basil and garden tomatoes, which gave these sandwiches great flavor! I pre-cooked the bacon the day before. Just before assembling the sandwiches, I re-heated the bacon in the oven on a cookie sheet, which really saved on time the day of the party. Everyone loved these sandwiches!"