Green Chili Egg Puff
Green chilies add a touch of Southwest flavor to this fluffy egg dish. The cottage cheese offers nice texture, and people always love the gooey Montery Jack cheese melted throughout.
—Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or
- until light and lemon-colored. Combine the flour, baking powder and
- salt; gradually add to eggs and mix well. Stir in the cheeses and
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 376 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 318 mg cholesterol, 865 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.