Green Chili Egg Puff Recipe
Green chilies add a touch of Southwest flavor to this fluffy egg dish. The cottage cheese offers nice texture, and people always love the gooey Montery Jack cheese melted throughout. —Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to eggs and mix well. Stir in the cheeses and chilies.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 376 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 318 mg cholesterol, 865 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Green Chili Egg Puff
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC