- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to eggs. Stir in the cheeses and chilies.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGreen Chili Egg Puff
"This turned out great. I substituted sliced jalapenos for the chilies for a little more kick. Also my bag of cheese said 16 oz is 4 cups."
"Giving this one star just because there is a mis-print. The Monterey Jack cheese shows "4 cups (16 oz)". Where I come from, 4 cups is 32 oz. Didn't notice until after I dumped 4 cups of cheese in the mixture. Almost made a gooey cheese ball instead of eggs. I had to double the recipe since I'm sure they meant 2 cups. It came out ok, but only because I had 20 eggs on hand. PLEASE CORRECT"
"My recipe for this is called chili Cheese Bites and I've been making this for 10 years. I use 8 tablespoons butter, melted in the dish in the oven and swirled around to coat the bottom and all sides. I then pour off remaining butter into mixed ingredients. I also mix in two (2) four oz. cans of green chili's as my husband likes it better this way."
"Does this recipe need butter?"
"In appreciation of my employees, i made a big brunch for them. This was one of the recipes I made. There wasn't a morsel left! Everyone loved it. I had leftover jack cheese, chilies & cottage cheese, so I made the recipe again in a 1/2 sz version the next day, but to change it up I added thawed hash brown potatoes and bacon bits. OMG! Super yummy any way you make this dish. Next time I will do a diced ham version and try cooking it in a muffin tin. Love recipes that are so versatile! ?"
"this is a delicious southern style dish. tho it may not be, it rememds me of it. it is delicious EAT UP;)"
"Sprinkle a can of French fried onion rings on top before you bake. Delish."
"Excellent brunch or pot luck!"