Green Beans With Walnuts Recipe
For a simple side dish that seems nice enough for company, Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California perks up fresh green beans with minced garlic and toasted walnuts.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat; cook walnuts in oil for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add beans, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3 ounces) equals 104 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC