Green Beans Provencale Recipe
Garlic, tomatoes and olive oil are wonderful ingredients often found in Southern French cooking. In this dish, they complement the green beans perfectly. Paula Wharton — El Paso, Texas
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, shallot, garlic and rosemary in oil until vegetables are tender. Add the green beans, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 70 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Green Beans Provencale
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC