Green Beans Provencale
Garlic, tomatoes and olive oil are wonderful ingredients often found in Southern French cooking. In this dish, they complement the green beans perfectly. Paula Wharton — El Paso, Texas
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in.
- of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, shallot, garlic and
- rosemary in oil until vegetables are tender. Add the green beans,
- tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until
- heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 70 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,