- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, shallot, garlic and rosemary in oil until vegetables are tender. Add the green beans, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forGreen Beans Provencale
"A tasty side dish! Will definitely make these again."
"Great flavors! Nice, light, and easy to assemble."
"This makes ordinary green beans special. Because it had an Italian feel to it, the beans didn't seem to go very well with my ham loaf and spicy sweet potatoes. It would be excellent with meatloaf."
"Refreshing take on a green beans mixture. Seemed rather fancy for fairly easy preperation. Will make again!"
"Tasty, easy last-minute addition to a meal using canned cut green beans ."
"easy and delicious green beans."
"LOVE this recipe! I made this with frozen green beans, fresh chives in place of shallots and green onions, and small vine tomatoes in place of grape tomaotes and it still turned out fantastic. This recipe is definitly a keeper."
"Had this tonight for supper. We thought it was very good. Didn't have fresh green beans so I used frozen and it worked out well. We loved the olive oil and rosemary flavor"