Green Bean Bacon Bundles
I carry this dish to all the potluck dinners I attend because it's always a hit. I take extra recipe cards because everyone wants a copy.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 20 fresh green beans
- 2 maple-flavored bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes; drain. Place bacon on a
- microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until
- edges curl. Wrap 5 green beans with a half bacon strip; secure with
- a wooden toothpick. Repeat.
- Place bundles in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan,
- combine the butter, brown sugar and orange juice concentrate. Cook
- and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is
- dissolved. Pour over bundles. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10
- minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, basting once. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 379 calories, 36 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.