Greek Spinach Bake
“Spanakopita” is the Greek name for this traditional dish featuring spinach and feta cheese. You can serve it as a side dish or meatless main dish. My dad and I used to fight over the last piece!
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, spinach and feta cheese.
- Stir in the flour, pepper and salt. Add eggs and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6