- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, spinach and feta cheese. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt. Add eggs and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGreek Spinach Bake
"Good all-round flavor, easy to prepare, and comes together quickly in terms of prep time, although baking time is a full hour. I put in a bit less cottage cheese and added more feta as well as another few ounces of spinach. After reading the comments from other reviewers, I added some traditional Greek spices such as dill and oregano. It was well-recieved by the family and husband asked to take some of the left-overs to work for his lunch the next day. Will repeat in future."
"I did something fun with this recipe. I took 1 lb. of ground lamb, some chopped onion and garlic....cooked and drained it. I put it UNDERNEATH this entire recipe. It turned it into a Greek Shepard's pie. The family loved it!"
"I've made this several times and recently have substituted Greek seasoning blend for the salt and pepper. It really is good."
"For those of you who thought this needed something, try using a flavored feta like garlic/herb or sun-dried tomato."
"This recipe had a nice flavor, but it needed something. I added hot sauce."
"For a food that is so low on calories, this is really filling and also quite tasty. Will be making again."
"I subbed ricotta for cottage and used fresh, not frozen, spinach. Delicious!"
"A good meat-less dinner option. Quite tasty."
"Nutmeg is a nice addition to spice it up a bit."