Greek Salad Pitas Recipe
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
- 2/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 pita pocket halves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, red pepper, tomato, zucchini, feta cheese and olives. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Spoon into lettuce-lined pita halves. Yield: 2 servings.
2 filled pita halves equals 255 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Greek Salad Pitas
"Made this for lunch yesterday! It was delightfully good! My husband added cooked chicken, too!"
"Tried this for my daughter who is vegetarian. Good"
"Fresh and crisp. Great summer recipe. Light."