Greek Salad Pitas
Veggie lovers, here's a full-flavored recipe just for you! This hearty, meatless pita from Alexis Worchesky of Columbia, Maryland is stuffed with plenty of chopped vegetables and savory Greek accents.
Greek Salad Recipes
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
- 2/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 pita pocket halves
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, red pepper, tomato, zucchini,
- feta cheese and olives. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon
- juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to
- coat. Spoon into lettuce-lined pita halves. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 filled pita halves equals 255 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.