Greek Roasted Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 4 to 6 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and half of the oregano. Arrange potatoes around chicken; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining oregano. Pour butter and lemon juice over chicken and potatoes. Add chicken broth to pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 2-2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting frequently with pan drippings.
- 3. Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy. Serve with chicken. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (calculated without salt): 425 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Greek Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
"Excellent. My kids love this."
"this is very moset it i add carrots to mine and it make it even more better"
"I thought this was a little bland. I will make it again because the hint of flavor was very good. Next time I will add more lemon and pepper, or use a lemon pepper seasoning. I love that combination. My husband and son felt the same way."
"I add a few minced cloves of garlic to the butter/lemon sauce and it really tastes great!"
"We love this recipe. The lemon and oregano are wonderful together, and they make the gravy extra special. After the first several times, I cut down on the butter, using just enough to rub on the skin to make it crispy. I use Yukon Gold potatoes, and I don't peel them since the skin is so thin. Excellent!"
"Super easy and very moist and tasty!"
"This was wonderful, especially the very flavorful potatoes. I just added a green vegetable and had a complete meal, along with leftover chicken for another recipe. I will definitely make this again."
"This chicken was delicious! The whole family loved it. I did add extra broth so there was extra juice."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.