Greek Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
You'll find this meal is a nice one to prepare for company or to serve your family for Sunday dinner. All you need with it is tossed salad and some crusty French bread. —Pella Visnick, Dallas, Texas
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 4 to 6 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a
- roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and half of the oregano.
- Arrange potatoes around chicken; sprinkle with salt, pepper and
- remaining oregano. Pour butter and lemon juice over chicken and
- potatoes. Add chicken broth to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in
- thigh reads 180°, basting frequently with pan drippings.
- Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before
- carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy.
- Serve with chicken. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic