Great Pork Chop Bake
A friend brought this hearty meat-and-potatoes dish to our home when I returned from the hospital with our youngest child. Since then, we have enjoyed it many times. It's a snap to throw together on a busy day, then pop in the oven to bake. The tender chops, potato wedges and golden gravy are simple and satisfying.
-Rosie Glenn, Los Alamos, New Mexico
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Transfer to a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup,
- ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and
- onion; toss to coat. Pour over the chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160° and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.