Glazed Ham Slice
This pineapple-topped ham slice is a snap to cook on top of the stove. For a fast finish, serve it with two simple side dishes. Pair a long grain and wild rice mix with frozen peas, or try scalloped potatoes and frozen green beans.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 fully cooked ham slice (about 3/4 pound and 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cut ham slice in half. In a skillet, cook ham in butter for 3-4
- minutes on each side or until heated through. Meanwhile, drain
- pineapple, reserving the juice. Set aside two pineapple slices;
- refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, pineapple juice, honey, steak sauce
- and mustard until smooth. Remove ham and keep warm. Add honey
- mixture to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat; cook for
- 1-2 minutes. Return ham to skillet; top with the reserved pineapple
- slices. Spoon glaze over the top; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 381 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,856 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.