Nothing goes to waste in my kitchen. My mom believed in using every part of the bird. Now I make it for my own family.Jan Setterlunds, Omaha, Nebraska
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken gizzards, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cans (49-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- Combine flour and seasoned salt in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add gizzards, shake to coat. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, brown
- gizzards in oil. Add chicken broth. Cover and simmer for 2-3 hours
- or until the gizzards are tender. Add noodles; simmer, uncovered,
- for 30 minutes. Yield: 12-14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 172 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.