Girl Scout Cookies Recipe
To commemorate the 60th anniversary of the first nationwide sale, the Girl Scouts are pleased to share the original sugar cookie recipe used when the troops made their own cookies.—Girl Scout Council, Girl Scout Council
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Decorator's sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with trefoil cookie cutter or cutter of your choice. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen (2-1/2-inch cookies).
1 serving (2 each) equals 154 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC