Girl Scout Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Decorator's sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with trefoil cookie cutter or cutter of your choice. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen (2-1/2-inch cookies).
1 serving (2 each) equals 154 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Girl Scout Cookies
"Our favorite sugar cookie recipe!"
"This is my favorite sugar cookie without frosting."
"This recipe tasted nothing like the girl scout cookies I remember.nweyer"
"I baked these with my granddaughter and was very dissappointed. They didn't taste anything like the original girl scout cookie ."
"Did you know that you can pay for the cookies but not take delivery yourself? What you buy can be shipped to our military in Iraq or Afganastan by the manufacturer. You pay nothing extra. Sales are going on now. Please consider buying some for our military members if you don't want them yourself. Elziabeth"