Ginger Orange Squash Recipe
Bursting with citrus flavor, this tender side dish complements special autumn dinners and weeknight suppers alike. Our home economists developed the five-ingredient recipe so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with family.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 2 butternut squash (2 pounds each), peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, toss the squash, orange juice concentrate, ginger and pepper. Arrange in a single layer in prepared pan.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring twice. Stir in butter before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup equals 129 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC