Ginger Chicken with Green Onions Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 medium lemon, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spay, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook the garlic, ginger and lemon peel in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup broth, sugar and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to the pan; top with lemon slices. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in green onions; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 175 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Ginger Chicken with Green Onions
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.