Ginger, scallions and cayenne come together in a pleasant sauce for chicken. “Every time I serve this to company, I receive compliments,” shares Deborah Anderson of Willow Street, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 medium lemon, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spay, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook the garlic, ginger and lemon peel in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup broth, sugar and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to the pan; top with lemon slices. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in green onions; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Chicken with Green Onions in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p57
Reviews forGinger Chicken with Green Onions
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2016