Ghastly Pear Ghosts Recipe
- 9 medium ripe Bosc pears
- 9 Popsicle sticks
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pounds white candy coating disks
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup orange candy coating disks
- 1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry pears; insert a Popsicle stick into the top of each.
- 2. In a microwave, melt caramels and water; stir until smooth. Dip each pear into caramel mixture; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set.
- 3. Melt white candy coating and 2 tablespoons shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip pears into coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to pan; let stand until set.
- 4. In the same microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with orange candy coating and 1 teaspoon shortening. Decorate ghost faces; let stand until set. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 1116 calories, 47g fat (35g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 175g carbohydrate (154g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Ghastly Pear Ghosts
"If you like pears, this is for you."
"made with out the carmels , not nut free for school.....just did the chocolate thing and the class loved them , healthy , and treat too !"
"I'm 57 and I just love this! Better than apples any day of the week."
"nice for a kid"