German Apple Pancake Recipe
If you're looking for a pretty dish to make when having guests for brunch, try this. Everyone I've served it to has enjoyed it...expect for one time, that is, when my husband tried to make it following my recipe, which I'd written down incorrectly! If you don't leave out the flour like I did, it'll turn out terrific!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tart baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Preheat a 10-in. cast-iron skillet in a 425° oven. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt and nutmeg; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Add butter to hot skillet; return to oven until butter bubbles. Pour batter into skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until pancake puffs and edges are browned and crisp.
- 3. For topping, in a skillet, add the apples, butter and sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until apples are tender. Spoon into baked pancake. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut and serve immediately with lemon wedges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 192 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for German Apple Pancake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC