Garlic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Mustard Sauce
Don’t be afraid to bring out the brussels sprouts. Mellowed by roasting and cloaked with mustard sauce, they’ll delight even family members who avoided veggies before.Becky Walch, Manteca, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash salt
- Place Brussels sprouts in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pan. Combine oil and garlic; drizzle over sprouts and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until tender,
- stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cream, mustard, pepper
- and salt. Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until
- slightly thickened. Spoon over Brussels sprouts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 167 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.