Garlic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash salt
- Place Brussels sprouts in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Combine oil and garlic; drizzle over sprouts and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cream, mustard, pepper and salt. Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon over Brussels sprouts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGarlic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Mustard Sauce
"I used frozen Brussels sprouts since I did not have fresh ones, and that worked fine. I prepared the Brussels sprouts, and when it was time to serve them, I realized I had not made the sauce. They still tasted good, and I will make them again, only next time I will make the sauce."
"I'm rating this as a five-star but if you're thinking of not using the sauce, I'd go down to 3-star. My brussels sprouts weren't done in the time indicated, I had to cook them longer (which is not usual for me, since my oven runs a tad hot). Maybe the ones I had were overly large? There was also very little flavor on the brussels sprouts themselves, which was disappointing. HOWEVER, when you add in the mustard cream sauce, WOW. These were amazing!!! I didn't want to stop eating them! I'm definitely going to make this again!"
"easy and delicious! A keeper. I added some caramelized onions. Very good recipe."
"Great way to roast Brussels sprouts and very easy to make."
"If you like brussel sprouts, you will love these, although I did roast for a little too long. Next time will only roast under 10 min and keep a close eye on them. Great flavor!"
"only had frozen sprouts so took a little longer to roast, turned out well"
"Admittedly, I didn't even get to the sauce. The brussel sprouts were so good, I ended up eating them plain right out of the oven! I'm sure the sauce only adds another great layer of flavor...I'll have to try that next time!"
"Amazing! Made these for a family get-together, and everyone LOVED them. My husband and I have roasted brussel sprouts 3-4 more times without the dressing, just olive oil/ garlic/garlic salt/pepper...who knew brussel sprouts were so good?!?!"