Garlic Knotted Rolls Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Poppy seeds, optional
- 1. Pat out dough on a work surface; sprinkle with minced onion and knead until combined. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into five balls. To form knots, roll each ball into a 10-in. rope; tie into a knot. Tuck ends under. Place rolls 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and salt; cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Brush over rolls. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Brush tops with egg; if desired, sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 rolls.
1 each: 168 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Garlic Knotted Rolls
"Really good and very easy."
"I MADE 3 BATCHES FOR C HURCH-EVERYONE LOVED THEM! VERY easy TO MAKE."