Garlic Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 2-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and garlic salt. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1/4 cup oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Add mushrooms and garlic to the pan; saute until tender. Stir in the wine or broth, tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and reserved chicken; heat through.
- 3. Drain spaghetti. Add the chicken mixture, cheese and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 604 calories, 33 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.