This quick-and-easy skillet entree is definitely restaurant-quality and sure to become a staple at your house, too! —Lillian Julow, Gainesville, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 beef flat iron steak or boneless top sirloin steak (3/4 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook steak
- in 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat 4-6 minutes on each
- side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°). Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, garlic, soy sauce and remaining
- butter. Serve with steak. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked steak with 2 teaspoons butter mixture equals 316 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon,