Garlic Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Baked pita chips or assorted raw vegetables
- 1. In a food processor, combine the beans, vinegar, garlic, salt and cumin; cover and process until almost smooth. Add mayonnaise and parsley; cover and process just until blended. Serve with pita chips or vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1/4 cup dip) equals 102 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.