Garlic Bean Dip
"There isn't a bean that my family does not like, In fact, I serve one kind or another almost every day," writes Nancy Testin of Harrington, Delaware. "This is one of my favorite dips."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Baked pita chips or assorted raw vegetables
- In a food processor, combine the beans, vinegar, garlic, salt and
- cumin; cover and process until almost smooth. Add mayonnaise and
- parsley; cover and process just until blended. Serve with pita chips
- or vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 cup dip) equals 102 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.