In this recipe, ripe garden ingredients and subtle seasonings make a mouthwatering salsa that's a real summer treat. —Michelle Beran, Caflin, Kansas
40 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, onions, garlic,
- vinegar, lemon juice, oil, jalapeno and seasonings. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons of salsa equals 17 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red