Garbanzo-Stuffed Mini Peppers
Mini peppers are so colorful and they're the perfect size for a two-bite appetizer. They have all the crunch of a pita chip, without the extra calories. —Christine Hanover, Lewiston, California
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 miniature sweet peppers, halved lengthwise
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- In a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat 1-2
- minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a food
- processor. Add garbanzo beans, cilantro, water, vinegar and salt;
- pulse until blended.
- Spoon into pepper halves. Top with additional cilantro. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 15 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.