Garbanzo-Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 miniature sweet peppers, halved lengthwise
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. In a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a food processor. Add garbanzo beans, cilantro, water, vinegar and salt; pulse until blended.
- 2. Spoon into pepper halves. Top with additional cilantro. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 appetizer: 15 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Garbanzo-Stuffed Mini Peppers
"I absolutely loved this recipe, delicious. Such great flavor!"