Garbanzo-Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe
Mini peppers are so colorful and they're the perfect size for a two-bite appetizer. They have all the crunch of a pita chip, without the extra calories. —Christine Hanover, Lewiston, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 miniature sweet peppers, halved lengthwise
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. In a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a food processor. Add garbanzo beans, cilantro, water, vinegar and salt; pulse until blended.
- 2. Spoon into pepper halves. Top with additional cilantro. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 15 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC