Fudgy Cocoa Drops
Crunchy on the outside and cake-like on the inside, these chocolaty treats won’t last long, even with just the two of you! “I make them for my grandkids, too” notes Jill Duncan of Schriever, Louisiana.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground almonds
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking
- soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir
- in almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into 12 balls. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking
- sheet. Bake at 350° for 13-18 minutes or until set and tops are
- cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 103 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium,