Fruity Pork Roast Recipe
- 1/2 medium lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry or additional unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Cut roast in half; sprinkle with salt, pepper and ginger.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour fruit mixture over roast. Place apple and parsley around roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Transfer meat to a serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup fruit mixture: 272 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Fruity Pork Roast
"This is a repeat request at home, this is so delicious. I shared it with my mom, and she has made it quite a few times as well."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.