Fruity Baked Oatmeal
“This is my husband’s favorite breakfast treat and the ultimate comfort food,” writes Karen Schroeder from Kankakee, Illinois. “It’s warm, filling and always a hit when I serve it to guests.”
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt
- and cinnamon. Combine the eggs, milk and butter; add to the dry
- ingredients. Stir in the apple, peaches and blueberries.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve
- with milk if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without additional milk) equals 322 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium,