- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine eggs, milk and butter; add to the dry ingredients. Stir in apple, peaches and blueberries.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forFruity Baked Oatmeal
"Very good. I used dark brown sugar which made it even better. Will make it again."
"I can't begin to tell you how much I love this breakfast. I have been trying to find an alternative to boring oatmeal and this is it! I've made it at least 6 times now, have switched up the fruits a lot, reduced the sugar at times, made it with almond milk as well as water, and it always turns out great. My granddaughter wanted this for dessert one night she likes it that much. This is a keeper."
"My first time making baked oatmeal and it is very tasty. Made recipe exactly as written but in a quest for a healthier version wondering about eliminating eggs and melted butter - not understanding their purpose in baked oatmeal. Has anyone made a version without eggs and butter?"
"Great recipe! Have made it twice now. First time as recipe stated. Second time reduced brown sugar by half, and substituted frozen sweet cherries for the apple. Hubby & I loved version 2 better. Reheats great the next day."
"Very good. I used grapes, blueberries and strawberries and baked it in a cast iron skillet. Turned out great!"
"Great recipe. easy and good. It is so versatile, can change fruits to seasonal. I also throw in a handful of nuts. Can be frozen in individual servings."
"Love this. I make and freeze in single portion containers. Then put container in fridge overnight, next morning zap in microwave to heat. Pour on some milk and enjoy."
"I make baked oatmeal for catering jobs. This one is packed with delicious fruit. I can make it ahead and then bake and serve."
"Delicious! I cut the recipe in half and baked it in 2 ramekins. Thank you, Karen, for sharing this recipe."