Fruited Tuna Salad Pitas
One bite, and you'll swear you're at a restaurant. This bistro-worthy recipe is simple to prepare, yet special enough for lunch guests. —Shelly Fisher, Hermiston, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 can (12 ounces) white water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 2-3/4 cups alfalfa sprouts
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and honey. Stir in the tuna,
- oranges, apple, pecans, celery, cranberries and salt. Serve on pita
- breads with sprouts. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 filled pita halves equals 640 calories, 34 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 899 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.