Fruit 'n' Cream Crepes Recipe
Ruth Kaercher, Hudsonville, Michigan, sent this creamy crepes recipe.
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup each fresh blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter. Stir batter; pour about 2 tablespoons into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Make 3 more crepes, adding remaining butter to skillet as needed.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread 1 rounded tablespoon on each crepe; top with 1/4 cup fruit and roll up. Sprinkle with remaining confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
2 crepes equals 329 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC