Frozen Slush Recipe
In Hobson, Montana, Darlene White mixes up this sweet fruity slush using juices, berries and soft drink mix. Then she stores it in the freezer for unexpected company. Simply pour a little citrus soda over scoops of the colorful mixture for frosty and refreshing beverages.
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 8 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 envelopes unsweetened cherry soft drink mix or other red flavor of your choice
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT:
- Grapefruit or citrus soda
- 1. In a 6-qt. container, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and freeze for 12 hours, stirring every 2 hours. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 2. For each serving: Place 1/2 cup fruit slush in a glass. Add 1/2 cup soda. Yield: about 5 quarts.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC