Frozen Citrus Fruit Cups Recipe
- 5 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 10 cups boiling water
- 5 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 5 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 5 cans (6 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
- 5 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1. In a very large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Spoon into foil cups. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 9-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 48 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 fruit
Reviews for Frozen Citrus Fruit Cups
"I would love to make this for the summer, but 114 servings? How can I half it? And, please, mnjammer, how did you use fruit cocktail, drained, or undrained?And, please,"
"I want to make this recipe, but I am allergic to oranges. Do you think pineapple juice would work instead of orange juice. There are many other fruits I can choose instead of mandarin oranges such as peaches or apricots. But I'm a little puzzled as to what juice to use. I would appreciate hearing from others what they think."
"These delicious fruit cups are enough for a crowd. They're easy & quick. I used fruit cocktail plus bananas instead of the pineapple tidbits. Great for a hot summer day."