Frosty Chocolate Pie Recipe
- 15 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Whipped topping and grated chocolate, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in ice cream. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 3. Remove pie from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping and grated chocolate. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 284 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Frosty Chocolate Pie
"I would agree with a previous review that said to make a little more Oreo crust. My crust didn't go up the side of pie pan. I will say making the crust tastes better than store bought but it would probably work in a pinch. It's an easy pie but you need to plan because it needs to freeze nearly 4 hours before serving. It does remind me of a fudgesicle and it was a hit with the family. Definitely a keeper."
"Very good and very simple. My 13 year old son made it and he was very proud. However, we did cheat...we bought the Oreo already made crust. Everyone loved it.!"
"Needed a little more oreo crust."