Frosty Chocolate Pie
"This chilled treat takes me back to my childhood because it tastes like a Fudgesicle," shares Maria Regakis. THe Somerville, Massachusetts reader turns sandwich cookies, chocolate pudding and vanilla ice cream into a dessert guaranteed to satisfy the kid in everyone.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 15 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Whipped topping and grated chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter until crumbly.
- Press into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2
- minutes. Fold in ice cream. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and
- freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove pie from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with
- whipped topping and grated chocolate. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 284 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.