Frosted Pumpkin Gems Recipe
If I don't hold back my four hungry sons (ages 6,5,4 and 2), they'll eat a third of the batch of these moist and tender mini muffins before I get them frosted!
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 to 2 cans (12 ounces each) whipped cream cheese frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil, cinnamon and baking soda; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC