- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 to 2 cans (12 ounces each) whipped cream cheese frosting
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, cinnamon and baking soda. Add cake mix; beat on low speed for 1 minute or until combined. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews forFrosted Pumpkin Gems
"Everyone that I have shared these cupcakes with have loved them. I did change the frosting and used home made cream cheese frosting instead. Excellent!"
"It makes 7 dozen MINI muffins. I make regular size muffins when I make these. They are so good!! Very moist, the cream cheese frosting goes perfect with the pumpkin!"
"Does this recipe really yield 7 dozen? That's a very large batch!!!!!"