Fresh Pear Pie Recipe
Field editor Marcia Severson of Hallock, Minnesota says, "When I serve this to friends, they often tell me they've never heard of pear pie."
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add pears; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Roll out half of the pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to pie plate. Fill with pear mixture.
- 3. Roll out remaining pastry. Cut into 1/2-in.- to 1-in.-wide strips; twist strips and place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush milk over lattice top. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 445 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Pear Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC