Fresh Peach Sauce
I like to make my breakfast table as pretty as possible. This peach sauce adds a warm golden color to the table and terrific flavor to pancakes, waffles and French toast.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- In a large saucepan, bring water, sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg to a
- boil; boil for 1 minute. Add peaches. Bring to a boil; boil another
- 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (prepared with sugar substitute) equals 23 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.